Friday, March 13, 2009

"I Blame the Recession" . . . the wisdom of a 14-year-old

True story. Yesterday as I was driving my 14-year-old daughter to school, the AM stations we normally listen to at that time for business, news, weather and traffic were all in commercial breaks at the same time.

So we switched over to 92.3 for the first (and probably last) time since K-ROCK signed off and the dopey Z100 wannabe top-40 station came on.

There was some gal I've never heard of singing a Top 40 song I don't know. It sounded like Katy Perry, but without the soul.

Cyrenah asked, "Dad, WTF?"

I explained that K-ROCK was gone and this is what we have instead.

And she said, "I blame the recession."

I asked her why.

"Everything that sucks is because of the recession."

No comments:

Post a Comment